You have to maintain on-time delivery to satisfy your clients. In this case, you have to improve your strategies to deliver the products on time. You have to stick to the schedule you provided your clients. This way, you cannot lose their trust and loyalty to your business. Being on time can help you strengthen your business reputation.
Given this point, every member must understand the essence of being on time. That includes everyone in your firm. Even a slight delay from the first process can affect delivery schedules. For this reason, everything should know and understand the timeline.
Factors Affecting On-time Delivery
A firm can have various reasons why it can’t meet transport schedules. However, some clients may not accept it, especially if the late delivery affects their side. For this reason, you have to address the reasons behind late deliveries or what can turn it that way. Here are a few factors that need potential improvement:
- Low stocks: Having low supplies can affect your delivery. For this reason, you always have to check your inventory. In this case, using software to see inventory levels is an advantage. It will help you track what you lack in your stocks.
- Human errors: It is tough to avoid mistakes, and they can be very costly. Aside from that, these errors can significantly impact the whole operation. Given this point, you have to think of strategies that can help prevent these scenarios.
- Shipment mistakes: These errors often occur inside your warehouse. In this case, you have to address your disorganized warehouse. Otherwise, you will continue losing orders from your clients. It is best to review and improve how this area runs.
- Manufacturing fault: You cannot ship out a broken or tampered product. If you don’t have products to replace them, you cannot deliver on time. In this case, you have to improve your process and product handling. Any fault can have a significant impact on your delivery.
- Faulty delivery vehicles: Your means of transport for your goods may also encounter problems while on its way. In this case, you have to check everything, even if it means working with an auto AC services specialist to say that you have checked up the AC units. Maintenance includes checking all features. Besides, you have to secure your drivers’ welfare.
These factors greatly affect your time of delivery. The occurrence of these items will lead to making adjustments. For this reason, you have to address them as soon as possible. Otherwise, your delivery time will suffer in the long run. It will make you lose your client’s trust if you keep coming across these situations.
Given this point, you have to improve every aspect that has to do with your delivery. Doing a process audit can help you find potential issues, which you can address immediately. In effect, you can prevent worse-case scenarios. You can also avoid losing your loyal clients.
Ways to Achieve On-time Delivery
You can help your firm achieve excellent delivery services. These tips can help you in that aspect. Here are the actions you can apply to your firm:
- Goal setting: You have to set a clear objective, and that is to maintain 100 percent on-time delivery. Moreover, all your departments must work together to stick with this goal. Everyone’s roles are vital to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure quality: All of you have to produce good quality products. There is no sense to deliver on time if the clients return them due to quality issues. In this case, on-time delivery only counts if your clients accept the products.
- Communicate with suppliers: They also play vital roles for your firm to achieve on-time delivery. You cannot start your operation if your raw materials are not around. Given this point, build a strong relationship with your suppliers so that you can rely on them when you have an urgent material request.
- Give value to your employees: Your business cannot operate without your members. For this reason, give them proper training to ensure they can perform their tasks well. Aside from that, motivate them to work with you in achieving 100% on-time delivery.
- Make use of technology: You have to improve your process. In this case, technology can help you simplify your tasks. Help your members fasten their jobs without losing the product’s quality. This way, your processing time will shorten.
These tips can make a difference in your operations. They can help you achieve and maintain on-time delivery. However, things can go wrong beyond your control. An example of that is having problems during its transport. In that case, giving updates to your clients can help you manage the situation.